Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Charcuterie & Me

At a recent wedding my dear friend Rita was told that she had a "keeper" by the father-of-the-bride. And by this, he was implying that her boyfriend, chef Grant Van Gameren, had garnered his favour by way of charcuterie. Guests, who arrived by ferry to Toronto's Ward Island, were greeted with cocktails and an overflowing spread of cured meats and crudité fashioned by Mr. Gameran. A true meatsman if I ever did meet one, Grant cures all his charcuterie himself in the basement of his Toronto restaurant The Black Hoof. He with the utmost delicacy, technique and skill. Each paper thin slice of fleshy goodness makes me forget that I was a vegitarian for almost 15 years (a confession I will not divulge in his company for sure).

Check out Grant's blog: http://charcuteriesundays.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment